The ‘Simon’ family purchased this site in 1909. Thereafter, a member of the Simon family has resided in the large grey house next door together with the Granite Cottage opposite, collectively known as Val De La Mare Farm.
Apartments 1, 2 & 3 were originally staff quarters for farm workers on site and Apartments 4, 5 & 6 were a hay loft. The building you are in has been used as an outhouse for farming and plant machinery, a plant training centre and a mechanics workshop. Eventually the building became obsolete and the family decided to rennovate to tourist accomodation in 2016. After alot of hard work, we officially opened in May 2018.
Jim and his two siblings were raised by Avril & Osmund Simon in Val De La Mare Farm, he married Sue in 1970. They took over the farmhouse where they raised four children. Two boys and two girls. The two girls run Panoramic Apartments and this is their story……
Feel free to contact us with any enquiries.